Every CMO’s nightmare. Lots of things happening – but where’s the ROI on this? – Is the million dollar question. Whether you’re a B2B, B2C or C2C portal – Social and Mobile is the future. On the Social front, there are 2 ways in which the efforts of a company could be classified and further studied in detail:
- Qualitative Efforts, Strategies & ROI
- Quantitative Efforts, Strategies & ROI
Ignore meaningless metrics like ‘number of followers’ etc.
A successful social media campaign includes the following aspects:
- Building online brand presence
- Strengthening online brand presence with already existing customers/clients (via Royalty programs)
- Repositioning of brand (e.g. Myntra.com starting out as a Custom-Gift-E-Retailer to Apparel & Fashion e-Retailer now)
- Community Management
Thus, a campaign objective should be defined when conceptualizing a campaign; and corresponding success metric(s) should be defined, which helps us in achieving a bigger Goal.
Measuring Qualitative Efforts:
Measuring Quantitative Efforts:
Different Social CRM platforms could be used to dig deep into Social Media campaign parameters and figure out Branding and Brand Identity Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s or metrics.